CALL: 6532 9980
FIRST 30 MINUTES
Discuss your case with us at no charge. At Crossbows, we want to help you get moving in the right direction so talk to us. Tell us what’s troubling you, in complete confidence and we will suggest options for you to consider going forward. You are under no obligation at all to appoint us. The first 30 minutes consultation is at no charge and based on our experience, this is usually more than sufficient time to understand your problems and suggest options.
So give us a call at 6532 9980
PROFILE: LOW WAN KWONG MICHAEL
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore LLB (Hons), London Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple) Commissioner for Oaths
Email : email@example.com
Michael was called to the Bar in 1998 and is a litigation lawyer, with interests in the following areas of the law:
- Family Law, including annulments, contested and uncontested divorces and all that it entails such as litigating the division of matrimonial assets, maintenance, custody, care and control of the children of the marriage, applications for personal protection orders and maintenance orders, applying for mareva injunctions (freezing of assets) and injunctive relief in general; the formulation of separation and/or settlement agreements between spouses, pre-nuptial agreements, adoption of children and cross-jurisdictional/border divorces.
- Michael is a divorce specialist and in keeping with the basic ethos of the firm, favours outcomes arrived at with minimal acrimony, wherever possible. In fact, he lives by Sun Tzu’s sage advice “He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight”
In addition to Michael’s experience in family law, he is also well versed in the following areas of the law:
- Civil litigation relating to contracts, equity & trust, personal injuries/death, motor accident, moneylender’s action, applications under the Companies Act, directors’/shareholders’ disputes, partnership disputes, landlord-tenant disputes, restraint of trade claims, renovation/construction disputes, MCST claims and bankruptcy & company winding up proceedings.
- Criminal litigation including making representation to the relevant prosecuting authorities, conducting trials and preparing mitigation pleas
- Formulation of Wills and contentious/non contentious probate court work. General solicitors work such as drafting commercial contracts, deed polls and power of attorney.
Other professional engagements include: Mediator (volunteer) – Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) Mediator (volunteer) – Small Claims Tribunal, Subordinate Courts Inquiry Panel – Law Society of Singapore Public appearances Our Michael is somewhat of a ‘celebrity’ and has spoken a few times on “CaseTalk” on News FM 93.8. He has also dispensed sensible and practical advice on the TV programme “What’s My Case”. He has given talks at the National Cancer Centre, the National Kidney Foundation, the Alumnus; the Nanyang Polytechnic; the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club; the Asia Business Forum; the Institute of Estate Of Agents; the Singapore Planned Parenthood Association; the Rotary Club of Singapore North; the Dover Park Hospice; and the Church of St Francis Xavier; and the Hospice Care Association. Michael continues to give talks to wide audiences whenever requested.
With transnational marriages on the rise and more expatriates living in Singapore, it is, unfortunately, inevitable that we will see and we are in fact seeing, more and more divorces involving expatriates. What is one to do when confronted with such...read more