CALL: 6532 9980
FIRST 30 MINUTES
Discuss your case with us at no charge. At Crossbows, we want to help you get moving in the right direction so talk to us. Tell us what’s troubling you, in complete confidence and we will suggest options for you to consider going forward. You are under no obligation at all to appoint us. The first 30 minutes consultation is at no charge and based on our experience, this is usually more than sufficient time to understand your problems and suggest options.
So give us a call at 6532 9980
PROFILE: LOW WAN KWONG MICHAEL
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
LLB (Hons), London
Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple)
Accredited Collaborative Family Practitioner (S’pore Mediation Centre)
Certified Family Therapeutic Justice Practitioner (S’pore Academy of Law)
Professional Deputy/Donee [PDD]
Email : email@example.com
Michael was called to the Bar in 1998 and is a litigation lawyer, with interests in the following areas of the law:
- Family Law, including annulments, contested and uncontested divorces and all that it entails such as litigating the division of matrimonial assets, maintenance, custody, care and control of the children of the marriage, applications for personal protection orders and maintenance orders, applying for mareva injunctions (freezing of assets) and injunctive relief in general; the formulation of separation and/or settlement agreements between spouses, pre-nuptial agreements, adoption of children and cross-jurisdictional/border divorces.
- Michael is a divorce specialist and in keeping with the basic ethos of the firm, favours outcomes arrived at with minimal acrimony, wherever possible. In fact, he lives by Sun Tzu’s sage advice “He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight”
In addition to Michael’s experience in family law, he is also well versed in the following areas of the law:
- Civil litigation relating to contracts, equity & trust, personal injuries/death, motor accident, moneylender’s action, applications under the Companies Act, directors’/shareholders’ disputes, partnership disputes, landlord-tenant disputes, restraint of trade claims, renovation/construction disputes, MCST claims and bankruptcy & company winding up proceedings.
- Criminal litigation including making representation to the relevant prosecuting authorities, conducting trials and preparing mitigation pleas
- Formulation of Wills and contentious/non contentious probate court work. General solicitors work such as drafting commercial contracts, deed polls and power of attorney.
Other professional engagements include: Mediator (volunteer) – Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) Mediator (volunteer) – Small Claims Tribunal, Subordinate Courts Inquiry Panel – Law Society of Singapore Public appearances Our Michael is somewhat of a ‘celebrity’ and has spoken a few times on “CaseTalk” on News FM 93.8. He has also dispensed sensible and practical advice on the TV programme “What’s My Case”. He has given talks at the National Cancer Centre, the National Kidney Foundation, the Alumnus; the Nanyang Polytechnic; the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club; the Asia Business Forum; the Institute of Estate Of Agents; the Singapore Planned Parenthood Association; the Rotary Club of Singapore North; the Dover Park Hospice; and the Church of St Francis Xavier; and the Hospice Care Association. Michael continues to give talks to wide audiences whenever requested.
1.过快结束婚姻。 2. 当着孩子的面批评另一位父或母。 3. 在儿童面前打架。 4. 做出错误的假设。 5. 停止探望儿童。 6. 使用不适合或伤人的话。 7. 把孩子当作线人或间谍。 8. 把孩子当红颜知己分享你在离婚时的负面情绪。 9. 强迫孩子选爸爸还是妈妈。 10. 拖欠赡养费 11.被孩子操纵而没有意识到。 12. 不遵守探望时间安排。 13. 忽视自己的照顾。 （改编自 Lisa Rene Reynolds...
Ends the marriage too quickly. Criticizes the other parent in children’s presence. Fights in children’s presence. Makes wrongful assumptions. Ceases access to a child. Uses the wrong or hurtful words. Uses the child as...
我们必须控制新冠肺炎，国家需要我们全民做出努力，才会打破新冠肺炎在社区传播。例如，许多孩子正在接受家庭学习（HBL）作为措施的一部分。在这段打破传播的期间，我们律师楼对已离婚夫妇有一些建议。这是从有关当局和法律的各种指南中，总结出来的。 首先，不要将孩子送到祖父母的照顾下。切断普通家庭的互动能阻止新冠肺炎的传播。最重要的是，可以保护老年人免受任何感染。 ...
The spread of the COVID-19 has to be controlled. A nationwide effort is required to break the circuit of spreading. For instance, many children are having home-based learning (HBL) as part of the measures. During this circuit breaking period,...
An adult can change own name by signing a deed poll at the lawyer’s office. How about for the child? A child's parent can change the child’s name . This is done by the parent signing a deed poll on the child’s behalf.It is not uncommon after a...
根据建屋发展局 (HDB) 年报（2017/2018），新加坡居民中有81％居住在组屋单位内。因此，在许多离婚中，配偶想知道离婚时他们的组屋单位会发生什么事是理所当然。 配偶通过组建局 (HDB) 资格计划，通过婚姻为家庭核心而共同获得了组屋单位。离婚后，家庭核心不再存在。建屋局将要求离婚夫妇处理此类单位。处理组屋单位有几种可能的方法。 1）租赁协议 (Agreement for...
Introduction. With 65.63 millions passengers movement in 2018 according to the Changi Airport, Singapore is very much connected to the world. Consequently for locals, we have plenty of choices of where to get married. This is as result of our travels and...
According to HDB's Annual Report (2017/2018), 81% of the population in Singapore live in HDB flats. It is therefore not surprising in most divorces, the parties would want to know what will happen to their HDB flat upon a divorce. ...
You can resolve your differences with your spouse in many ways and this can be done even before going to the court. This is because early resolution processes are available. Early settlement of your case can avoid the trauma of a Court hearing. The biggest advantage...
Quite often, conflicts in parenting style can lead to marital breakdown and worst, it manifests itself during the divorce process. It is clear that we are born and raised differently and no one shares the same childhood experience. As a parent, we tend to have...